I apologize for not posting sooner, but my painting didn't win the national junior duck stamp contest this year. 18 year old Paul Willey from Arkansas claimed first prize with his mixed media painting of a pair of American Wigeon, and I certainly think he deserved it. (See Paul's painting here-->http://www.fws.gov/duckstamps/) I heard that for some reason they wouldn't be releasing any results apart from the top three winners, but just a few minutes ago Adam's mom emailed me with the great news that my painting actually got in the top ten! That's quite an honor considering the fact that there were about 34,000 entries nationwide this year, and my entry was chosen from a group of 50 other state winners to be included in the top ten. All of this has been a huge motivation to excel next year, since it's my last year to enter. You can see a copy of my duck stamp in one of my previous posts.
More good news. On Tuesday the state winners for the national State Fish Stamp contest were announced, and guess what? My painting won 1st prize in Washington! The national results will be revealed on July 21-22 at the Mall of America in Minnesota. I'll keep you posted. For now, here's a link to their website--> http://www.statefishart.com/ (visit link at the top to see the state winners).
May I Direct You To...
13 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment