Friday, March 16, 2007

"Out For An Evening Paddle"

My duck stamp was finished a few days ago, and no I won't lie--I actually was still touching up on Wednesday before we sent it off. :) But it was only a tiny little fix...really. I had completed it the night before. Some time yesterday it should have arrived in Olympia where the judging should be finalized early next month. (They finish the national judging around April 20, so they have to allow time before then for the states to decide and send in their Best of Shows). I'll be sure to post an update when I find out how I did in Washington.


"Out For An Evening Paddle"

Benjamin Berkompas, 2007

acrylic on masonite

9x12"

Three of my younger siblings entered this year too. I spent many hours last September coaching them as they created their colored pencil drawings. In October they entered them in the NRA art contest as well, with Matthew and I recieving honorable mentions for our work.


"Emerald in Gold"

Aimee Berkompas, 2006

colored pencil on bristol paper

9x12"


"Taking a Rest"

Zachary Berkompas, 2006

colored pencil on bristol paper

9x12"


"Flying Beauty"

Matthew Berkompas, 2006

colored pencil on bristol paper

9x12"

All pictures copyright Benjamin Berkompas 2007

No comments: