Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Painting Progress

As I promised a while ago, here is a brief update on my duck stamp. The water's done, and the sky is so close I could almost say it's finished--but I won't. Silly me, I went and painted in the ducks really nice, and now as I finish the sky I've got no choice but to paint over them again. Jumping ahead rarely works...With about 1 1/2 weeks left to finish painting, allowing a few days for sealing and sending, I'm devoting a good part of every day to it. It's surpassing my expectations so far.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's stunning, Benj!!

Benjamin Berkompas said...

Thanks, but I wouldn't go that far. The sky is still giving me difficulty, but once that's through, I'm really close. Yikes! now that I check the date I realize it's already March 1. Thanks again, but it's not a gift I can call my own.

Benjamin Berkompas said...

Finished the sky yesterday. It looks great, but now I've got to pretty much redo the mountains and most of the ducks. Oh, well, and least I'm gettin close:)

Anonymous said...

I know March really came quickly! Maybe Feb. being so short didn't help... Keep up the good work, though and you should be able to get it in! :)

Benjamin Berkompas said...

February was short, something like 28 days. I think by the end of the evening, I'll have the mountains and ducks back to normal. Painting has almost become a school subject for me!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how nice! Graphic design is sorta that way for me too (part of school), but I find, if I try doing it in the middle of school, that Mom thinks I really should get the "more important subjects" done first. ;o)