Friday, July 31, 2009

Tim Wootton, a really fantastic artist

Tim Wootton is a UK artist from Orkney. I would describe his style as "impressionistic realism," a very tasteful balance between the two styles. I love the depth of color and atmosphere he achieves in his work. There's no doubt he's very talented!

From his website (www.tim-wootton.com):

"Hi there – a brief introduction is, I think, required. My name is Tim Wootton and I live in Orkney. I work as a full-time artist, gaining inspiration from the birds and landscape with which I share this wonderful environment. Whenever possible, I try to make each piece of work directly from observational drawings and fieldwork in colour. I rarely complete a piece in the field, but take drawings and snapshots (plus the sounds, sights and smells of 'outside') back to the studio and work at a painting until completion."

Some of his superb artwork:













All images borrowed from www.tim-wootton.com

1 comment:

In Christ Alone said...

Love his paintings! =) Very cool.

Btw, is it just me or have I seen that phrase: "impressionistic realism" before? ;)