Being a guy, some people might think I'm weird, but I really really like flowers. Alright, I'm also an artist so that may have something to do with it, but flower photography has always held a particular appeal for me. In fact, the first thing I did when Dad let me use his new digital camera (we got our first a few years ago) was spend a half hour taking pictures of Mom's dahlias. They make great painting subjects, and are easy to photograph because they don't move, and you can get as close as you want--unlike animals and people... I'm always amazed at how beautiful even the simplest elements of Creation can be--God is quite the artist. Since I've got quite a collection of original photos, I decided to share a few of my favorites. Enjoy!















(Feel free to save any of these, and if you want some for wallpapers, just let me know! ;)
2 comments:
Very cool, Benj! There are some awesome photos in that collection and I did save a number of them. You might have inspired me to paint some flowers!! I hardly ever paint flowers, much to Mom's disapointment--I just can never get really excited abotu them, but I'm thinkin' maybe its because of the photos I've found before. If I wasn't so busy with other stuf I'd paint a few! :-)
Hey I found out an awesome way to get a "northern lights" effects for a sky in watercolor. Do a waterwash then pour on dark ultramarine and dark alizarin crimson but make sure the paper is almost completely vertical. If you add a bit of salt the paint goes around it so the lines of alizarin aren't completely straight. The only problem was I did that by accident on a beach picture! hehe. Still turned out cool though.
Oh, Benji, I think it's sweet that you like flowers. :) And they're beautiful!! My special favorite is the 2nd on from the top. It's blue and white. ;) I love blue and white! Thanks for taking the time to post them.
Post a Comment