I've decided to use a black background--Adobe Lightroom kinda' turned me on to it. I can't find a blue that really fits though--most are kind of purplish pastel. That color scheme site is really useful Hannah, thanks. Now, I've just got to make a banner. :)
8 comments:
I'm frustrated. My basic blog template works fine, but the whole comment page hasn't changed. Maybe I should just switch my entire template to "Minima Black" or something.
Hmmm, I know what you mean... :/ I really wish I knew how to change the whole thing, instead of the colors, or just main page (like you were saying). If you get HaloScan you can change the templates of the comments (like Pete's Place has), just so you know.
Will that delete all your past comments?
I made a banner, but don't have a clue where or how to get it into my template. Do I have to host it online, or will the upload-in-blogger-then-paste-link trick work?
Let's see, yeah, if you change your comment system you lose the old ones... sad isn't it? :/ Not really worth it I guess...
Oh, you made a banner, I can't wait to see it!! =] Well, you have to use a certain template because it has a specific place to put the banner in. I'm not sure how to do it in any other template, sadly, so here's the one you can use: http://blogger-templates.blogspot.com/2005/09/k1-black.html#getthecode
And yes, you have to host it and the paste the link in the section for it. Btw, you'll know where in the template to put it cuz it's nice and obvious. ;)
Blogger only makes one template that you can change to your liking, but it's only that banner at the top. Now, it is cool and I'm glad someone made a one like that for us little Graphic Design people ;), but someday I'm going to figure out how to change the entire template instead of just the banner at the top.
Wow, Benj, it's saweeeet! :D Wasn't that fun!?! Btw, if you don't like the gray line at the very top and bottom of your page I can show you how to make it black like the rest of the background. But since it's rather long to explain here, I'll email you...
That would be great. The template is very different than Blogger's, but then again, there's not much that really needs changing! BTW, you can host pictures by uploading them like you would for a post, then copying the link into your template.
Yeah, rather convenient, huh? :) Hey, cool, I never thought of doing it that way. :)
Post a Comment