I've been working most of the afternoon on the ducks. For starters I established the irridescent band on the wings. Then I worked on the shading and detailing on their bodies and bills. It's looking soooo good IMHO. I love it when things go right in the end, even if I made some mistakes before--believe me there were plenty of those ;) When it's finished, I'll try to get some really good pics--the lighting is always tough. A flash makes too much glare, and natural light doesn't capture the colors very well.
7 comments:
the crowd: "oooooo.... ahhhhh!!" ;oD
the artist: "huh?" :?
I've made some progress since then, maybe I'll post some more recent pics this evening. I've still got to bring up the brightness and contrast on the ducks, make em stand out more. That and the final touches, then I'm done!
individual in crowd (i.e. Hannah): *ahem*, that was admiration. ;o)
Oh, good, I can't waitt to see the progress! :)
Ah, I see. Now that it's finished there won't be any more updates, but oh well, it won't be long before I start something else. In about a month though, I have a surprise...nope I won't say any more.
If the weather gets nicer sometime soon,then I'm going to try to paint outdoors in a more 'impressionistic' style--I can just hear people gasping in surprise. :) That should be interesting.
Oh, and I haven't forgotten about that Illustrator tip I promised.
Oooo, I love surprises! I can't wait. :D
Haha, sounds interesting, actually!
alrighty!
On Friday I hiked out to state land in the snow for my first outdoor painting experience. Amazingly, it didn't snow while I was working, and my 45 minute painting turned out pretty good. I'll post something on it later :)
Sweet. ;) Yeah, post a picture of it; I'd love to see it!
Post a Comment