
"Soaring"
Osprey
acrylic on foamboard
acrylic on foamboard
"More than Meets the Eye"
Common Eider
colored pencil on bristol paper
Bald Eagle
Pencil on bristol paper
Barn Owl
acrylic on foamboard
"Eye Contact"
Wood Duck
acrylic on masonite
"Defiance"
Golden Eagle
acrylic on canvas paper
9x12"
I also participated in the Field Notebook module, which involved taking notes and sketching birds from observation. Here are a few representative scans of my work.
The final category I participated in was Photography. These are the five final images that I selected.




















5 comments:
Amazing, Benj! The paints, sketches, everything! But I was wondering, how do you get bird photos like those? Just sit in the woods long enough and one will most likely come by? Btw, I like the copyright, 'tis very cool. :)
Whoa! A comment! I thought everyone had long ago given up hope. Thanks. I won't know how it turns out until March though... :(
Ya know, it's funny that you mention that because originally that's what I did. Being an beginning birder/photographer I thought I would just go sit in the woods, throw out a little bird seed and they were sure to come. Unfortunately, it's not that easy ;)
I bring my camera whenever I'm going on a walk, probably because that's always the reason I go on walks. There are a few spots I know I can find birds, but otherwise, I'll just wander around looking and listening. Or I'll go to the local wildlife refuge which always has tons of wildlife. Makes sense :) Some days, I can't find anything, and others are just too good to be true. Unfortunately, my (homemade) backyard feeders are falling into disuse since I can't afford to buy more bird seed.
I just posted a few more pics--it's pretty funny how I got 'em!
No way! You're art, photography and tutorials are worth waiting for. :)
Ah, I see! :) Well, it sounds like taking a camera EVERYWHERE is always a good thing. When we went out to shop and run errands the other day and I took mine with me and boy was I glad! Let's just say that the trees were really pretty. ;)
I don't really take it "everywhere" and there have been many times when I wished I had it. When I get my own car, people are going to get pretty annoyed when I swerve onto the shoulder just to grab a shot! :)
Haha, you and me both! :D
Post a Comment