Monday, August 28, 2006

Artwork Update

Today I started yet another project :) I'm drawing a portrait of a Bald Eagle in pencil, mostly since I work fairly fast in that medium and time is running out. I've been painting so much lately, it's good to take a break. I decided to try a dark valued, smooth background. It was easier than I had expected but took a long time to cover evenly and smudge.


I managed to work on my Golden Eagle again as well. The head is looking significantly better, and I now need to work more on the beak and eye. You may notice that the only things I'm painting/drawing right now are birds of prey--I just noticed it too :)--but they're definitely some of my favorites.


I keep on saying I'll post on my duck stamp design, so here it is. The duck is a Bufflehead, one of the smallest and cutest ducks around. The whole picture is very heavily Photoshopped--that's normally how I lay out my designs. I'll be airbrushing the gradiation between orange and blue, and then detailing the water with a brush. During school I'll try to paint when I can, and hopefully have this one done before February. Last year was really pushing it :)


The NRA art contest is also coming up at the beggining of October. Can you tell I really love competition? Fun fun fun! :)

No comments: