Most of you know I've been wanting my own digital camera for a while now. Well, a few days ago, I got one. It's Konica Minolta's Maxxum 5D digital SLR--the model just a step below Dad's. It captures 6.1 megapixel photos up to 3008x2000 px., and one of the best features is the built-in Anti-Shake technology to reduce the affect of handshake and other vibrations. Minolta is the only manufacturer to build this technology into the camera body--Canon puts it in the lens, and that drives up the price per lens significantly. The great thing is, not only is it a great camera, but I can use all of Dad's Minolta lenses and equipment! (when he's not using it of course :) This is actually the first camera I've ever owned, though I've been using Dad's for quite a while. Here are a few pictures of it (I didn't take these):


And here are a few shots I've taken with it over the past few days:




Having used Dad's Minolta cameras a lot--that's actually the only brand he ever bought--I'm comfortable with most of the buttons and menus. The bag I got for it is really cool. It's like a small backpack just for photo gear! Bringing my camera hiking and bikeriding will be no problem. We have a $10/hour clearing job in the neighborhood, so now all I've got to do is pay it off... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment