Monday, August 14, 2006

Dive In!

I haven't posted on Photoshop for a while, so I thought I'd demonstrate a really crazy feature that's fun to play with--the "Liquify" filter. Just open it from the Filter dropdown menu (it's near the top). One quick note: it's essentially opening another program within Photoshop, so if your image is huge it will take forever to load.

Here's a picture of one of our cats, Rosemary. FYI she's not the family favorite, but they'll probably enjoy this demonstration. :) You'll notice all the functions in the toolbar on the left. At the top you'll find a "Reconstruct" tool that essentially allows you to paint over an area and restore it to it's original state. Or, if you don't mind losing your work, just click the Reconstruct button on the right.


The 6 tools in the middle are the most fun! I used the Pucker tool on her eyes :)



Oooh, now I've created a were-wabbit!!! ;)



Wind too much for you Rosie?



As you can probably imagine, this function has some pretty scary effects on people-pictures! For Rosie, though, I think it made some improvements ;) And there are actually useful things you can do with Liquify, but I haven't found too many. Assignment: everyone post a liquified portrait in their profile! Ok, maybe not... :)

I hope PETA doesn't come after me for cruelty to animals! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always knew Rosie had to be good for something! Evil, non-cool cat that she is. I love the were rabbit look!